My photo
wheaton, illinois, United States
View Bill Voigt's profile on LinkedIn

Thursday, January 12, 2006

German Technology

When I ponder the millions of varieties of technology that exist in the world, automobiles are definitely the most enjoyable for me. Of the thousands of makes, models, and flavors of cars, one of the most pure of purpose and form is the Mercedes Benz AMG CLS55. Part practical luxury sedan, part high tech pavement ripping sports coupe, part rolling beauty to gaze upon longingly this Merc represents the best of what a car can be. I've included a video (courtesy of Top Gear, a television program for lovers of cars, not gear heads) that sums up my feelings nicely on this automotive work of art and science.



Someday, it will be mine...

10 comments:

TheLadyLazarus said...

Tell me, how did you find my blog? I'm curios . I want to know.

bill voigt said...

You posted at Rants and Other Refinements. As a fellow Floydian (you can probably guess by my name), I was inspired to participate on your blog.

TheLadyLazarus said...

aaahh...well, is "the bad" also a Floydian?

bill voigt said...

Once upon a time The Bad and I were friends. At that time, he demonstrated strong Floydian tendancies. If I recall correctly, he was a strong Syd advocate, as you are.

I'm sure he still is.

TheLadyLazarus said...

Hey, I'm NOT a Syd advocate. I just didn't like the way he was "obscured" out of the picture (to put it in your words).

Besides,The PSYCHO guy and I think Roger Waters is God, though I like Dave Gilmour too. The PSYCHO hasn't formed an opinion on Gilmour yet.

Has the_Bad ceased being your friend?
"Once upon a time The Bad and I were friends."

And he still DOES profess to be a PF fan

bill voigt said...

Cool, I'm a Gilmour fan myself, although later Waters...not so much.

Regarding The Bad, sadly, no -- we're not friends, regardless of attempts I've made to forget the past and let's move on. But, Tim's still angry about something I did that I scarcely recall that happened in the early 90's. Also, I'm liberal, and as such representative of a group of us for which he clearly has no intention of tolerating.

I frequent his blog more out of curiosity of what is happening to my friend since the old days. A wise man once wrote...

"So I open my door to my enemies

And I ask could we wipe the slate clean?

But they tell me to please go fuck myself.

You know you just can't win..."

TheLadyLazarus said...

Are you Jim Voight's bro?

bill voigt said...

Yep, Jim's my younger brother. He got all the brains in the family!

Jim V said...

Bill,

Please use proper grammar. You should have written, "He done got all the brains in the family."

They teach you to SOUND smart in law school. This is a pretty good deal in exchange for $100K.

If you actually want to BE smart, you have to do what Breathe did and make yourself a productive member of society for several years to gain knowledge that you can actually use.

TheLadyLazarus said...

LOL!!!!!!